Thursday, October 3, 2013

Take a Hike

Although I have not been climbing much (ok, at ALL) since my big 25 pitches for 25 years birthday bonanza... I have been hiking. Here are a few pictures from the past 2 months. Aren't the Sierras wonderful?

August 15, 2013. Phil and I explored the ghost town of Bodie. I learned not only what an innovative and bustling place Bodie was in its boom years (1877-late 1880's)but also that a ghost town is not a haunted town but just a town that has become abandon. Ha.

August 23, 2013. Phil amused Senna by throwing big rocks in the water. Ok, I was amused too.

August 29, 2013. Phil takes me to Treasure Lakes. An afternoon of relaxation. AND I get to see first Golden Trout! Thanks Phil


September 8, 2013. Another ghost town tucked in the White Mountains. Maybe this one is ACTUALLY haunted.
September 10, 2013. Amy and I striking a pose. We accompanied Phil and Steve on their search for another big fish.
September 14, 2013. Katie and Matt come to visit. I took them on an ass-kicking hike up halfmoon pass.
September 14, 2013. This view never gets old. Finishing our hike, coming over Mono Pass with Dade and Abbot in the background.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM , Anonymous Phil said...

Not climbing much over the past couple months has made me feel kinda lazy, but this blog reminded me of all the awesome stuff we've been doin'. Thanks for sharing in all this with me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home