Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New England

David and I made it to New Hampshire!


Here is a photo re-cap of my beautiful summer spent in New England. From June to August I was working at a summer camp, taking kiddos backpacking and canoeing. Ryan (who I will later introduce) and I were trying to instill, or as we always said is Brett's environmental education class, "foster" a love and gratitude for the outdoors. And I hafta say, I think we did pretty damn well!

Monadnock Sunrise Hike. The #1 hiked mountain in the nation. Who knew?


Happy Campers



Kids playing soccer


Rappel Lesson.



White Mountains


Guyot Mountain Sunrise Hike


Ryan, my super awesome co-leader


Happy 23rd Birthday to me. Thanks Barbara-Ryan!


Me and Ryan somewhere on the Cohos Trail


Nothing like celebrating your birthday with a whoopie pie and a view from Sugarloaf Mountain



Nash Bog: Ryan's (other) trailname-sake



I love this picture. Two campers jumping off the rock, doing the star fish.


Attean Pond, Maine


1.2 Mile Portage



The Aftermath: Dirty Feet. I still love my Crocs.


Moose River Bow, lunch break


Home Sweet Home. Hand-made canoe paddles.


Trips Leader, Jake. Just another awesome picture.


Once camp was over it was time to get nay-key. Moonlight Monadnock hike, buck-arse-naked. Round trip.


Welcome to Maine. Post-camp Adventures


Bar Harbor, Maine, The Mist. Steven King's inspiration, no wonder. It all makes sense now.


Mt. Tumbledown hike with Ryan and Mom.



The Trailhead, no not the one that sells delicious cheesy fries in Fort Collins. The trailhead to the Presidential Traverse. Weighing our packs, a whooping 6 lbs.


Presidential Range, White Mountains, New Hampshire


Mt. Washington


Mt. Adams


Ryan on Adams


Me and Arley


Me and Alisha


Alisha playing with the foxtail and Arley


Dave and Alisha. A great visit with friends of Sunrise Ranch.


Meow. Enough said.


Before this summer I had never been east of Colorado. It was certainly a trip worth while. Lots of good people and beautiful mountains. I'm already looking forward to my next trip back.

Our final sunset on Attean Pond

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home