Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Little Toaster that Could: David

Ohhh, doesn’t it feel good to get things checked off your list? I heard there was a study done where some endorphin is actually released when you draw a line through or literally check something off a list. But who knows for sure?

I have been putting off my Wilderness First Aid class for almost a month now. I’ll do it in Boulder, no Bailey, okay maybe I’ll just do it in Maine? Well, I finally checked off my WFA in Breckenridge, Colorado. Me and David some how made it over two snowing passes with two wheel drive and icy roads. I was particulary proud of David when a Subaru Outback passed us but upon reaching the summit Dave and I putted on like the little toaster that could, going about five miles per hour while the Subaru was drifted off into the mountain side, looking sad and helpless. Everyone was ok, just a little slipping and sliding, that’s all. Go David!

Here we are at Breck, making some Indian Ridge Farm eggs and spinach in the back during a WFA break.


The class was great, I even got a head wound!


Well now I’m all set and ready as far as Camp Glen Brook is concerned. I do hope that as far as the kiddos go, I won’t actually have to use any of my new wilderness first aid knowledge. BUT with that, I think when I’m stationary again, I want to take an EMT course or at least a Wilderness First Responder course.

I think I’m headed back to the search and rescue or EMT direction. Or maybe I'll be a fire fighter next summer? With all this alone driving time, I have been getting all kinds of (crazy) thoughts in my head. A closing quote from my dad, "Well you won't know till you give it a go!"

2 Comments:

At May 30, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Phil said...

Congrats on getting the course done Julie!! Let's go get hurt!

 
At June 5, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Nate said...

Do you remember Mike Gasell? He was an EMT and now he's a Paramedic in Denver. He's done a bunch of the WFA, WFR stuff so if you want someone to talk about it with he'd be a good option.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home