Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Just One Night

When I arrived in Nevada City, my intention was to stay "just one night." I asked if it was alright and Brent said, "Sure, of course. Stay as long as you want."

Timmy and the lupin




Meeting Davin and touring with him and Acey has truly been an adventure of a life time (one of many, I hope). But meeting Davin has been an exceptional experience. Davin alone is filled with lessons, laughs and love, but it wasn't until after I left the guys that I became even more thankful for having met Mr. Davin Ethan Hart. Davin's family has become a second family to me, and for this I am incredibly
thankful.

Making faces with Hannah



My one night turned into three weeks in the blink of an eye. But I was having a true ball getting my hands dirty again. Planting, watering, shoveling, I love that stuff.



After my two weeks in Huntington Beach, and working with my pops, I am convinced that it's in my blood to work hard. I am also realizing that this is one of the same reasons why I'm so in love with rock climbing. It's hard work! Cough cough, and with roughly a six month climbing hiatus, I'm really feeling it.







I have been considering it all cross training though. Moving dirt around, lifting stones. And I don't know if I can consider listening to vinyl records and reading books with the company of Brent and Uncle Bob cross training, but it certainly did wonders for my mind and body. A little R&R is always a priority after a hard days work.



Not my finest of blogs, but hey. This is a pic of me and Jet, the pup I want to adopt. Currently writing from the Bishop Library and I can't get my pictures to upload. So it looks like this will be the only blog for now.

3 Comments:

At May 8, 2011 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Shawn said...

Man, now I miss home... and Timmy!

 
At May 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Acey said...

a fine blog...

 
At May 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM , Anonymous Phil said...

Your thoughts on manual labor as a form of cross training are really resonating now for me with all the snow I'm shoveling around up here. Not that I've gotten to climb and see if its paying off....but damn, it's hard work, and it feels good! I'm loving this blog, and reading your thoughts Julianna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home