Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's Getting There, Right?

Disclaimer:

Ok, So I have decided that "Ketchup Blogs," my creative genius for blogs that are created solely because their blogger feels some kind of obligation to catch their readers up to pace, but wanting to do so in a fun, sausey, good-on-pretty-much-anything, kind of way, are boring. No matter how you sauce them up, they just aren't that fun to type, and probably aren't that fun to read.

Ketchup Blog Rule #1: Blog must contain more pictures then text.

Here is my attempt:

After leaving Colorado I journeyed up to Wyoming, but not before stopping to do a little climbing in St. Vrain Canyon with my friend Brent. Who snapped this awesome photo of... me, duh. I also got to climb with Bligh and his pops in the Big Thompson Canyon. Probably the windiest conditions I have ever climbed in. Also the first time I have ever gotten to the first bolt and realized I didn't have any quick draws with me. Ha. Good times.




Welcome to Wyoming. Yeah Haw.


First Trad Climb


Trad Master, Mr. Paul Carlson. If I'm going to learn how to trad climb, I may as well learn from the best, right?


Nebraska. Why are the roads red? Also, while stopping to pump gas, I was offered a complimentary shot of whiskey. I don't know what came into my mind first, "OMFG?! Yes." Or "WFT? No."


Here weary driver, douse your sorrows with a little liquor and get back on that road.


The So.Dak. w/ Mer.Dah J. Schon






Pit Stop in Missouri


DC w/ Nelle and Jeff




The Domino w/ JP and Marie. What are the chances I'm on the east coast the same time as my grandparents? Follow THEIR adventures here




And Finally a visit with NOLS-ey Ben Roberts. I can't believe it took so long for a reunion. And of course, in the Spirit of Patagonia, it poured.


This is a little glimpse into my 2.5 month adventure across the States in my Ranger, David. Once I got to Missouri I wasn't able to take any more road sign photos due to the large high ways, ridiculous tolls and abundance of automobiles.

This post doesn't really do the trip justice. I guess if I were a REALLY good writer, I would be able to convey all the emotions, feeling and adventures in a way that would allow you to experience what it was like. But I'm not.

So, I guess for this one, you just had'tah be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home