Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Love This

I'm arguing with myself. Do I put on my soaked thermal top? Should I? It will be cold. But possibly warmer in the long run? Deep breath. I love this. Forcing my inner dialogue to become audible, "I LOVE THIS!" and slip the wet top over my head.

That's how the days have been starting. Wringing out my socks, thermals, and who knew, wringing out the soles of my shoes. But I love this. I love the "would you rathers." "Would you rather be warm and wet? or cold and dry." "Psh. Duh, warm and wet," I reply. With confidence, I should add. Jordan argues and I get defensive. "No! Are you kidding me, COLD and dry? Let me rephrase that, by cold I mean FREEZING." My stubborn-ness comes out.

The glory of "would you rather" is that there isn't a right answer. But in this case there certainly was. And MY answer was the RIGHT answer. If anyone were to be presented with this ridiculous either/or situation, wet and warm was the way to go. I think I was just trying to justify how wet (and slightly uncomfortable) I was. But warm. So that was nice.

Here are a series of photos from the last week and a half or so:

Andrew Molera State Beach. I can confidently say this is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. And one of my favorite. There's a difference between the two.


Jordan and Acey hanging out in the sand


Me trying to get a picture of Davin so peacefully sketching in his note book, when Acey jumps in to steal the shot. But he made the picture, didn't he?


Psycho Jordan. Collecting little seaweed bladder things and putting them on his fingers. Freddy Kreuger-esque?


Me and Acey. Aw.


Doing the brotherly/sisterly love thing.


Jordan is THE best rock skipper I have ever seen. Myself on the other hand, could use A LOT of work.


Tiffany came up to Big Sur to hike to Sykes with us. What a beautiful looking team.


The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed, but if not for the courage of the fearless crew, the minnow would be lost...!


Hiking back, slowly on my part. But enjoying the rain non-the-less.


Davin and Jordan striped down, modestly compared to Acey, who was hiking proud solely in his underwear and t-shirt.


All for this. A nice hundred and something degree pool.


Our one month on the road anniversary is coming up. I can't imagine what the adventures and stories to come are going to be like. Wish me luck. And check out the website www.revolutions-southward.com

3 Comments:

At December 21, 2010 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Virginia Slim said...

i want your dress.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Acey said...

why didn't you tell me that photo way just for Davy? I didn't know... GREat take on our fun time.

 
At December 23, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Virginia Slim said...

OH WAIT. DID YOU SHAVE YOUR ARMPITS?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home