Friday, July 9, 2010

Bed Head?! This Took Hours of Preparation!

Every morning my alarm goes off at the lovely hour of 5:30 a.m. It's rare that I actually get out of bed that very instant, but usually shortly after. Avana and I now have our beautifully developed, morning system down. Every morning one or the other prepares some coffee, sets out the toaster, bread, jam, honey, yogurt, granola and puffed rice. We eat together, I usually go lay down immediately after for one last brief moment of rest before rushing out the door, usually with out brushing my teeth, my hair (who would do that anyway), preparing a snack, and frantically filling a water bottle and applying sunscreen (mom would be happy to know this bit) at the same time.

Impulse is one of my leading traits, common for all Leos, we like to make rash decisions without thinking them through a whole lot. For me, moving to Colorado, going to CSU, buying an itouch, and taking this internship have all been impulse decisions. One decision that I make often with out thinking is cutting my own hair. Sometimes it turns out surprisingly better then I could have anticipated, and sometimes, well, I should have probably went to a salon.

Yesterday was one of those days. We started talking while riding in the bed of the truck about cutting hair, and I just got the itch. I wouldn't say I'm excited about the outcome of this particular cut, but my number one rule for cutting hair is: Don't care a whole lot about the outcome. And that's it. I don't like to live my life by the 'set your standards low and you'll never be disappointed' montra, but in this situation, I'm married to the idea.

So I wasn't disappointed this morning when I made it down to the garden and received the comment, "Nice bed head." Pshh. This took hours of preparation! Thank you.

...




Me and Kate showing our last measly pea harvest.


This was a big harvest today, lots of kale, parsley, peas, lettuce, and some camellia. The farm team looking good (sexy) as usual, especially me :X

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2010 at 1:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new haircut always, always looks weird (to the person wearing it) for the first week or so. After two weeks I'm normally pretty psyched, no matter how much I hated it at first.

I'm a bit jealous of your job!

Chris Craft

 
At July 12, 2010 at 2:11 AM , Blogger Randy Leija said...

It may be true or not, but they say there are two kinds of Leo's: the one's that look totally like Leo's and the one's that don't look like Leo's, but inside they are. The most dangerous Leo's, they say. Maybe true or not, as i said, but what they didn't say, or even mention, is about those Leo's that cut their own hair. A third version of Leo. Maybe.

(Julie (months ago): "But, seriously, I'm Leo but I don't have nothing of the Leossss"

Me: Really?)

I loved this post, dama leona. Specially the tone (and the touch) in your writing. And the haircut, of course.

Randy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home