Friday, October 26, 2012

Just Keep Swimming

I recently wrote my brother an email saying all the usual stuff, everything is good, So Cal weather is great, dad's getting a little better everyday blah blah blah. And that's what we are obligated to do and say right?

Acey and I somewhere in Baja January 2011

Hi, how's it going?

Good.

And if you say how's it really going, then you may come off as depressed, anxious, angry, sad... all those things that you don't want people to know. But, the truth is, well, I have been feeling a little of all that lately.

Since March my life has been a roller coaster ride. Hence my blog going to the wayside along with keeping in touch with dear friends and loved ones. But things are finally on the upside. Leave it to good ol' brother Acey to say just the right thing, a quote from "Finding Nemo."

Dory:"Hey Mr. Grumpy Gills... When life gets you down do you wanna know what you gotta do?"

Dory:"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim."

Just keep swim-ming. Well shoot, that's what I have been doing, just out of necessity. But now I'm kicking it into full gear. No more distressed flopping around! I'm talking, get'chur ass out of bed, eat healthy food, keep the house nice, brush your teeth 2x a day, more quality time with family and not to say that this is the most important goal... but Phil and I have dedicated ourselves to climbing at least twice a week.

The rings @ Santa Monica Pier September 2012

I rock climb because it's fun. But it's more important to me then that. It allows me to be purely in the moment, my reality doesn't exceed further then my fingertips (and toes of course). It enable me to push my mental and physical boundaries. It lets me feel like a dancer, and nothing like the dancer I actually am, awkward. It's being in nature and being with the people I enjoy. And I am lucky to have a climbing partner as great at Phil, always encouraging, always motivated and hey, it's nice to have a good looking ropegun around too.

Parker Lake, Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountain October 2012

And, with that little bit, My Velvet Bumper is taking a new turn, a turn that will focus mainly on climbing. It's a blog about my adventures and life in general. It was started to detail my experience at Sunrise Ranch then continuing on to the bike tour and well now here we are. Thanks for reading and stay posted for more!

At the summit of Bear Creek Spire, Rock Creek Canyon, Sierra Nevadas October 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home