Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Hope You Have a Terrible Day

Dave, you’re weeding in the gaps as well as around the base? Asked Kate.

Yeah. I’ve been doing it since about half way down the row. Dave responded.

Yeah, well you’ve been doin’ a bad job, so I’ve been doin’ everythang you just done with the stirrup hoe. I pompously remarked (reread and insert pretentious hillbilly voice)

Dave looks up like he wanted to ignore the fact that he doesn’t know if I’m being sarcastic or not and focuses on the fact the he wants to punch my teeth out.

Dave's cheeky remark was, "I hope you have a terrible day." Chuckling I said, that's going to be the title of my next blog.

But back to the story...

Dave really pulled out the big guns with this come back. I mean, Whoa! Dave, simma down! Have a terrible day!? You had to go there? I know he has been storing that one up for years, just like how he can’t wait to unload all his nasty comments to past professors, but he really pushed the envelope this time. Winky face.

Time passes…


Dave? I hold up a poor wilted cucumber plant and give him that condescending look as if saying, look what you have done! What do you have to say for yourself? Before Dave could defend himself for doing the (not-so) unforgivable mistake of killing our one (of about 50) and only cucumber plants, Avana chimed in saying she could have been the culprit.

Then Lish, she too said she could have been the killer. This was a mile marker in our team development. Really, a touching moment. All the team members present stepped up to take responsibility for the catastrophe. We came together as a whole. We all took blame for the poor cucumber. Even though I was the accuser, I was beginning to think that I could have easily been the murderer of that poor plant, we all know it’s certainly not my first time taking something out with the stirrup hoe. I was starting to feel a little guilty that I even pointed it out.

Thanks Dave for putting up with me. This post goes out to you. So you better leave me a comment. Fool.

The moral of this story is it’s time to put the hoe down. Hoedown! It’s time for a hoedown. Really, Happy Birthday Phoenix &Quetzal my favorite little trolls. Time for cake.

3 Comments:

At August 9, 2010 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Acey said...

Sounds like trouble at the ol corral. Just kidding, poor cucumber plant though, she got cot in the crossfire. It really sounds like some good clean criticism gone awry.

 
At August 10, 2010 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous Rhea said...

poor cucumber you vegetable murderers...its ok i still love you julius.
i hope you didn't have a terrible day, i hope it turned out to be awesome, like you. I love how squeaky clean your fun is....so refreshing. Miss you much!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM , Blogger Dave Etlinger said...

Julie, let me just say I am honored that you dedicated this post to me--you know I'd never REALLY wish a terrible day upon you . . . unless of course these wild accusations of plant-slaughter continue! I didn't do it! I swear! I wasn't even working that day! The plant moved spontaneously! The hand-hoe malfunctioned! I had dirt in my eyes! I'm innocent dammit!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home