Monday, July 19, 2010

Four Salads for Lunch

The Emissaries of Diving Light have a conference business here at Sunrise and this week they have their largest group in, Healing Sounds. I always think its exciting when groups come, lots of interesting people to say the least.

This morning Avana and I had our dish shift, cleaning up after all those Healing Sound-ers is a long process. When we returned to the garden the team was cleaning out the horse stalls and caring for the poor tomatoes.

I don't really know where today went, it just flew by. I was thinking of the more memorable moments of today and you may not believe the absurdity of it, but we had four salads for lunch, and that was one of the more memorable moments. I didn't think it was actually wildly unreasonable, but unexpected. And memorable. Who eats 4 different salads for lunch? The Emissaries and Healing Sound-ers I guess. Maybe it's a spiritual awakening thing.

Avana thinks the kitchen has a secret spice, one that actually takes the flavor out of the food. Leaving it totally bland. They must have doused the tabouli in it. I'm starting to think this post is going down hill, my apologies. Maybe this IS the proof in the pudding that this isn't some freaky, cult-ish commune, no crazy sacrifices and sexual scandals, just talk of bland food and secret spices.

For the record this place IS amazing.

My two favorite pics from today:




BlueSky. Yesterday I fell in love with mountain biking again. Also fell over my handlebars. Can't wait to get back out there.


Thanks for reading. Cheers darlin' here's to you and your lover boy.

1 Comments:

At July 21, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Acey said...

My new good friend Aaron is a major sound healer. He is also a yoga instructor. He is actually out of town leading a sound retreat as we speak. Pretty freaky weird hippie stuff, but cool all the same.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home