Friday, November 12, 2010

You Down With PCC?

Apparently this is a period of time that many experience. They experience it with the same amount of confusion, anxiety and excitement as I currently am. I'm calling it the Post College Confusion.

In the last six-ish months I was graciously welcomed into the arms of Sunrise Ranch. Working long, hard days and spending most of my extra time eating (butter & bread) and sleeping. It has been a true pleasure and I know whole heartily that it was exactly where I needed to be. There are many reasons why I should have stayed at Sunrise. I developed life long friends, loved the work, and loved the people. It's located in some of the most beautiful country I have ever experienced. But being home now, I know just as I made the right decision to move to Sunrise, I have made the right decision to move on. But it wasn't easy.

Thank you Sunrise Ranch and the Farm Team for the summer of my life. Thank you for also giving me a guilty conscious every time I even look at a corn-fed burger. My departure was a little less tear-filled than I had anticipated, I know it was because it won't be long till I return. After all, I need some freak-ish cult stories, and unfortunately I don't have any. Yet. So I'll be back.

This is the little porch that could. Patrick had a vision for this baby that he wasn't going to let die. This photo was taken on my last work day. Patrick and Kate played what I'm referring to as the best rendition of Oh Susanna I have ever heard.


Meet the Emissaries. These are the glorious keepers of the Light that is Divine.


Before I left there was one thing high on my list of To Do's: Take Cake Camping. And oh we did. Of course I forgot the tent (intentionally) and we got rained/hailed out, but a good time was had by all. Especially Kate. Here she is enjoying the crowed company of two wet dogs and an excessive amount of stuff. But she has coffee so it was all good.


Me and Foo. This picture was taken just prior to the previous one. Meet David Douglas. That's my new boy. He did well on his maiden voyage to Zee Shelf Road.


Me and Bligh on our way to Steamboat.



Me and Kate on my last morning at Sunrise. Tear.


So the PCC. I'm jumping in with two feet. 'Bout ready to meet Acey and Davin in Nevada City to embark on a journey of a life time. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home