Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm

Saturday morning I left 5611 Little Drive before the sun had the chance to warm the cool concrete outside. My dad and Steph sent me off with warm wishes and a stomach full of eggs and spinach.

I spent the larger portion of the day driving up the 5 to Nevada City. It wasn’t the most scenic tour of the state that I have done, but the end destination was quite glorious.

Davin’s house was designed and built by his father about 7 years ago. The location they choose is tucked down along a windy road amongst large pines, absolutely astounding. We have been calling this our staging area. Spending time planning the route, brainstorming about the film, and doing research on traveling Central America. All things that we wanted to do months ago, but we're finding that it is essential that they be done together.

I have been really wishy-washy and ambiguous about my commitment to the film and the bike tour. But after spending a few days with the guys, I have decided that I’m in, 100%. This is truly an opportunity of a life time, and although I can't really afford it, the money or the opportunity costs, I also can't afford to miss out on the adventures.

We are waiting for the sound gear to arrive in the mail, it should be here Thursday, then we’re off. We will be riding down the 49, which from what I have gathered, we must be slightly insane. The 49 is filled with small shoulders, lots of tight turns, and most horrifically, gargantuan hill climbs. The 49 will take us to Yosemite National Park where we will stay a few days, hoping to get on a few climbs and do some hiking. From there we will ride down to Santa Cruz where we will meet up with some friends.

Here are a few pics that I took yesterday.

Acey and Davin checking out the tripods, deciding which one to take on the trip


Davin and I are working on the Facebook page when Acey came to take a little footage


Before going to a pre-Thanksgiving potluck we stopped at a cafe to get some tea and do a little more brainstorming


This little doggy was so cute, but an absolute hellion. Another great night of meeting new people, I'm looking forward to the adventures to come.

1 Comments:

At November 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Bike Spokeswoman said...

I feel like I just got punched in the stomach and the butterflies inside me came pouring out of my mouth in spurts of giggles-a combination of truly exciting, jump up and down in the living room, squealing joy with a serious undertone of heartache because I misssssss you.

JULIE! I HAD NO IDEA IT WOULD BE SOO SOOON!!

I am so fucking proud of you. Please post and post and post.

Sending love and safety vibes your way
XOxxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home